Monday, June 1, 2009

Personalized Walls

Wow?!  Has it been a month.  It has.  Well, May kept me quite busy - my hubby and I escaped to Jamaica for eight days about two weeks ago - it was amazing.

But now I have more pressing things to discuss: 

I know you've all been waiting for the unveiling of my very own Dali Decal!  We affixed the decal to our basement wall recently - and I cannot be more pleased!  And application was SUPER easy...the hardest part making sure everything is level.  
          

I was also recently inspired by a friend of mine at work, Kristin, when she shared this monogrammed inspiration with me:

Such a fantastic idea.  I am all about the monograms.  But to put it on your wall?  How simple - easy - even better than a decal!  This creation made out of what appears to be trim wood has dimension - where decals do not.  I am already considering variations on this:  How about painted chocolate brown molding and letters off of a tan wall?  OR - the background inside the frame painted a cocoa brown to make the initials pop off the wall.  I cannot wait to employ at our house...I'm thinking in the Dining Room...
Thanks for sharing, Kristin!  And KUDOS to your friend/family member that has this on their walls - very creative, simple and dare I say - shabby chic?

8 comments:

Aharon Hill said...

Cute idea. Love the new decal!

scarves said...

Thanks for the lively conversation, My best to the once and future Blowhards
!
Scarves Scarves

vozzek69 said...

Really cool decals, especially the personalized/name one.

Check out the wall murals over at Wall Sticker Outlet; they've got hundreds of choices, mostly for children and some for home.

monster beats said...

I just required some information and was searching on Google for it. I visited each page that came on first page and didn’t got any relevant result then I thought to check out the second one and got your blog. This is what I wanted!
Red Sole Shoes|
Red Bottoms|
Red Bottoms Shoes
Oakley Sunglasses|
Cheap Oakley Sunglasses|
Cheap Oakley|

Tina Marie Interior Design said...

Awesome decals! Brilliant job! Keep posting for more.Thanks for sharing.

Wall Decals said...

Such fabulous
wall decals, those literally spark up any room, plus they affordable too. Thanks for sharing...

Sockets not Working said...

Hey I really love the letter wall decors that seem to give the room a sense of class and elegance. Thanks for sharing, you just gave me a brilliant idea on what I need to do with my living room. Thanks, In case you need help with sockets not working feel free to visit my site.

Naina Navlani said...

A great thanks from the bottom of my heart Thanks for sharing :))