Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Blog is Born...

So this is where it all begins. Let's start with the usual introduction: I am a corporate professional - have been for the past six years since I graduated from college. I am a wife. I am a mother to a toddler. I am happy with my job - but want something more from my career. I want more flexibility and more importantly, more creativity. Could I continue in my corporate endeavors and live a happy life? Yes. But I feel there is something more that I can do - that I can become...

So this is where I will begin the journey. I want to decorate. Some people have car passions, boat passions, plane passions. I have furniture passions, wall coloring passions, wall hanging passions, & area rug passions. All I want to do is flip through various home store catalogs: Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware (my new obsession since my husband and I recently upgraded our bedroom), ZGallerie, and my repertoire expands every day...I'm voracious for new inspirations.

Now - I'm a smart girl....but I find myself clueless on where to start. How do I get myself from here (highly paid, corporate 9-5'er) to there (highly paid, decorating how-to girl)? Stay tuned - and maybe I can inspire someone else to change their world, as well. I have no guarantees where this blog will end - what the results of this search, this endeavor will be - but I what I can guarantee is that I will share every step with you. And so it begins....

No comments: