Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's amazing what a little paint can do....

Five years ago when we purchased our house - it came with a full bathroom downstairs (instead of a half) and it was painted deep blue.  The paint was textured - so the walls looked almost like stucco.


Rick, our home stager, told me to lighten up!  And I agreed.  This was one of those rooms where you don't hate it - so you leave it.  And there was nothing wrong with the blue walls - but lightening up the color made a world of difference - and now I more than like it - I love it.  A little paint ($40), a new shower curtain ($20), and some new towels and, voila!


Totally different, right?  The wall color is by Benjamin Moore (HC-116 - I can't remember the fancy name for it) and the towels & shower curtain I got at Bed, Bath & Beyond (my mecca, as my husband likes to say).  The wall hangings were also purchased at BB&B.  A little paint can go a long way to completely change a room.  Light colors help to open up small spaces - and this bathroom is definitely on the small side for a full bath.  This is an example of a much less expensive "makeover" - and it's super easy, too!  Stay tuned - more rooms to come....