Thursday, December 4, 2008

Grand Plans

Alas - the audit busy season wins out!  I have neglected my blog yet again.  Well - this time I beg for forgiveness by teasing you with a bit of things to come.

YAY!  My husband sold the second love-of-his-life (I'm the first, duh!) and we now find ourselves with the capital to do some home improvements that have made our list since the big move-in back in September.

1.  Paint and new carpet for the basement.  To refresh your memory, it looks like this, currently:

Couldn't find a better pic - so there is one of my son from behind!  Anyway - you get the picture - lots of dark trim and some old, white berber carpet.  So this is our first stop - new carpet, new paint!

2.  Trim painting & wall opening in living room.  Our living room currently looks like this (not our furniture!):
This trim will be painted white - and that wall you see will have a large cased opening in it.  And we plan to build a TV entertainment cabinet in the bottom of the shelves you see.  And of course - I cannot leave out the plantation shutters for the large windows off the back of the house:


Soooo....I promise I will get back to all of this very very soon!  Plans are underway!  I'm very excited!

No comments: