Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A little drama...

First of all, please excuse my absence.  I've been buried in a sea of boxes and packing paper...and mortgage applications...and home inspection reports...and I've only now had a moment to catch my breath.  (Actually, I should be packing - but I needed a break)

This break entails a little daydreaming about a new couch.  Now - we do not NEED a new couch in our new home - but at some point it will inevitable.  We will create the movie room downstairs - which will need some couches - for which I will exile our current family room furniture to the basement to make room for something fresh and new upstairs.  Yay!

Sooooo....I've been cruising around and found a little inspiration at Crate and Barrel.  I believe that my next sofa will entail a little drama!  The source of my inspiration are the sofas from the Willow collection - which comes in, of course, a variety of colors.  I favor the Willow Chair and a Half in the Soso fabric in Cafe:


I love the drama that is created by a rich, deep, mocha brown against neutral walls and floors.  This chair and a half also comes in the Deso fabric in a solid Cafe color:



Restoration Hardware had an interesting sofa - I love these lines!  Introducing the Halsey sofa collection:


I'm not convinced that this sofa is one that I can curl up on - but it sure looks fabulous!

I also found this Hyde sofa at Ethan Allen:

In the end, I bet I'll settle with casual and comfy - something that looks lived in.....comfy is gooooooood.  Perhaps something like this?

The Cayman sofa at C&B:


I also love the full sized Willow sofa - mentioned above in the Chair & a Half.  Such a casual style - I could live on a couch like this:


Okay, then....it's settled!  Now all we need to do is win the lottery!

Please stay tuned - we move in to our new house next Friday, the 19th.  And then the before and after pics will start a-flowin'




No comments: