Sunday, September 28, 2008

Your furniture can have a soul, too! It's NADEAU!

We have been in our new home almost two weeks.  Most of the boxes are unpacked.  None of the pictures are hung.  Our first priority has been building a fence for our dogs (sooo tired of walking them!)  

We did not move far from our old house - we are already familiar with the area.  But we have been out and about full time in this area and are discovering all sorts of new things.  We "lunched" at a new Goldberg's Deli by our house on Saturday.  I decided to be very bad and get a CHEESEBURGER.  Yum.  We exited the deli, preparing to hop in to our car when I spotted a somewhat small furniture store next door.  My husband and child seemed content - so we popped inside.  Oh boy - what have I found?  The name of the store is Nadeau:  Furniture with a Soul.  I looked around at all the fabulous furniture - and I found about five things I would buy in a heartbeat, all before I took five steps inside.  I did what we all do when we find beautiful things in a store - avoided looking at the price tags until I couldn't stand it anymore.  Much to my surprise, the prices were FANTASTIC.  UNBELIEVABLE.  This furniture is beautiful, solid, not cheaply made - yet the prices are incredible.  How do they do it?  My two year old finally gave out before I was able to peruse all the offerings, so I reluctantly exited, promising myself that I would return.  Oh, and return I will.

SO - I immediately Googled the joint to discover just who they are.  Turns out they are importers of furniture that, due to various brilliant business reasons, sell furniture in retail stores (in addition to large warehouses, etc) at wholesale prices.  So THAT's how they do it!  I kid you not - I found a BEAUTIFUL dining room table (seats 8) for $1095.  (not including chairs, of course).  I cannot find a pic of it online - Nadeau inventory is unique and comes and goes like any importing business' findings...but believe me, it was one of the most beautiful, solid tables I have ever seen.  Pottery Barn, eat your heart out.  And THAT PRICE!

I've provided the link up above - it does not show all of their inventory - it could not begin to do so.  Here are a few of my favorites:


A great bench for an entryway.

Now, I do not currently need bedside tables - but this one would be incredible!


What a nice touch to a guest bedroom - and unique.  I haven't seen anything like this lately...

I have pledged to myself that I will not rest until I have a one-of-a-kind deal from Nadeau in my house.  I will be stalking the store near me until I find "the one."  And I will assure you - that you all will be the first to know when I find it!


3 comments:

Aharon Hill said...

Okay, I'm sold. Let's make a date and hit this store and Fleu de Coop... maybe our hubbies can schedule a golf outing while we indulge ourselves?

Ann said...

I'm sure the dining table is gorgeous and I'd love to see it here someday and with that price its really a bargain.

Unknown said...

You should post a review of this place on Yelp.com so more people can know about this place!