Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wisteria: It's not just a flowering vine...

I opened up my mailbox yesterday to be pleasantly surprised by a fantastic little catalog that is now coming my way.  (I will make sure this one gets my change of address...)  I have no idea how they found me - I do not recall giving out my address - so it must be fate...

Introducing Wisteria to the Behind Decorated Doors blog.  After carefully studying all the catalog had to offer, I am confident that something from this charming catalog/website will be prominently displayed in BDD's new home within the next twelve months!  (We must recover from all of the moving expenses, first!)

Here are a few highlights:
Since I have sofas on the brain lately - this couch gives a new meaning to the word streamlined!
The Streamlined Sofa is a beautiful couch.  The simplicity and the scooped sides have woo'ed me.  And if you read the description, the skirt disguises casters to allow for the decorator in everyone to experiment with different configurations easily!  Rearrange away, ladies! (and gents, of course!)


Next up is a chest that I am longing for - and I will find a way to afford this piece of furniture soon!  The Black Bowfront Four-Drawer Dresser would be a great chest for our new entryway. Since I decorated our bedroom in black furniture - I'm trying not to over do the black.  But this piece is just a little irresistible.  Even my husband was wow'd by the classic lines and fantastic drawer pulls.  It really looks like it stepped right out of an estate in England, perhaps?


This site really shines with its smaller pieces of furniture, like chairs & side tables, and the plethora of accessories it offers.  This side table caught my eye and would look great in a traditional room that needs little interjection of casual.  It comes in blue and in red - and can add a little rustic/shabby feel to any room!  The Stacks of Space table is a favorite of mine:



And I'll close by showcasing just a few accessories:
Mirrors are a staple in any decorator's bag of tricks - so I have to share one - okay, two - from Wisteria's site.
The Italian Octagon Mirror is a must see - this would also look great in my entry way - perhaps above my black bowed chest?  I dunno...the possibilities are endless, I suppose!



And the Antiqued Vanity Mirror would fit right in to a guest bathroom...or a place with a little counter space to accommodate.  I have a dressing room style master bath - this would look beautiful on the counter.



And finally, these pots inspire a little bit of good juju for any new (or not so new) home.  The Happiness Pots are inspired by a Chinese tradition at the time of marriage of receiving two pots with the Chinese ideogram for happiness on them.  What a great idea for a wedding gift?



So these are a few of my favorites.  Please visit the Wisteria site for even more fabulous things.  The accessories and smaller furniture pieces are so unique and usable!  Enjoy!  I know I sure will.....

No comments: