Friday, January 2, 2009

Rodney White

The toddler paraphenalia will have to remain for the moment in our basement - but that will not stop me from slapping Rodney White's vintage paintings all over the walls down there:





Rodney White has a great story - he is a young artist that has turned his perspective in to some inspiring pieces that are often up for interpretation by the viewer.  Check out this video about him.  He is based out of New York - but grew up in Augusta, Georgia.  So he is homegrown!  I love him!

As the video presents, Rodney once read in a book that "if you really want to own something, you've got to draw it." Now I wish I were talented enough to draw (and have it look presentable).  I'm very envious of those that can turn their thoughts, memories and experiences into pictures.  Rodney White certainly does this well...he will be one that I continue to watch as his art evolves.

2 comments:

Aharon Hill said...

ergh... when did you start blogging again?? Totally catching up! Love the Rodney White stuff!!!

Behind Decorated Doors said...

I know - I'm so glad I'm back at it! I've had to commit to it!