Friday, January 2, 2009

Extreme Makeover 2008: Basement

Just to prove to you all that I have not been quite the slacker that I seem to be - I would like to unveil to you my latest project that has taken all my time left over after being a wife, a mom & an auditor:  OUR BASEMENT.

You may remember some pics I posted shortly after the big move that showed the state of the basement - stained wood trim and old, stained, white berber carpet.  I refused to let my toddler down there w/out shoes - and you know I DEFINITELY did not set bare (or socked) foot onto that carpet.  Have I told you all about my thing with dirty carpet?  Kind of like other people's feet, it freaks me out.  Soooo...it is only natural that one of my first priorities would be to clean that place up a bit.  

BEFORE PICS (SHOCKED that I don't have better ones than these....):


AFTER PICS:
Stairway to Heaven...
  

Hallway to the bathroom...which is still under construction...
   
  

THE SPECS:
Wall Color:  Twilight Gold (Benjamin Moore)
Trim Color:  Cottage White (A Behr color...the ever popular Navajo White by BM was a little grey next to this color, and I needed warm warm warm colors with the caramel walls.)
Carpet:  Karastan - Modena, Color:  Plateau

As you can see - my toddler's things are back in their rightful positions.  But the above pic shows where our new TV will be placed.  (wall adjacent to the one with the windows)  And then, promptly (in 7 to 10 days) this new sofa will be directly opposite!

Mammoth Sofa in Mocha (ZGallerie)

In this pic it looks a little grey - but nope, it's mocha.  This is THE most comfortable sofa I have EVER sat in.  And my husband loved it so much he insisted we buy it.  I was a little more cautious - and asked to take a pillow home to see how the color looked with the caramel walls...it is very dramatic...it will be great!

More to come once all is in place...now, what to do with the walls?


No comments: