Saturday, August 9, 2008

Increase My Traffic

So, I've been researching how to increase the traffic to my blog.  I can't expect to get my big break by blogging to my mother and a few friends, now can I? 

One way to promote your blog is by linking to others blogs.  SO:  introducing my two new best friends:  Material Girls (two design divas out of Texas) and Habitually Chic (a NYC design professional).  They don't know it now - but they are my new heroes.  I figure I need to make connections any way I can - so look out ladies - I want to share your styles with my (oh so very few - but soon to be many) readers!

 I have been so encouraged by all the decorating blogs I have stumbled upon.  I just want to take each one of them out to lunch to figure out how the heck they got started in this business.  Tips - anyone, anyone?  I did notice that Material Girls started out by going to design school - and Habitually Chic works for a design firm in the Big Apple.  Uh so - how does an informally trained eye get her big break, girls?

16 comments:

Dianne said...

Hi, just found your blog via Material Girls. I'll be back!

Material Girls said...

Hello!

Thanks so much for mentioning us- that was really sweet. If you need advice on blogging- feel free to email me at emily@ejinteriors.net anytime! I am no expert by any means, but would love to help if ya need anything! Good luck! :)

Emily
Material Girls Blog

Unknown said...

CKL, did you get my voicemail about blogher? I want you to come with me to the Atl mini-conference if you can take a day off work. Anyway, I keep forgetting to mention it again... Love ya (and your sweet, and very photogenic toddler!), ajh

Adore Eclectic Interiors said...

Hi there! I have the perfect answer for you...The Society of Decorating Professionals (The SDP).

I just got back from the annual conference in AZ where we did nothing but talk about decorating, business and eat. It was great!

We are all like you with a passion for decorating. You will not meet a better group of people. I guarantee it.

I'm helping them create a new blog. Check it out at http://thedecoratingvoice.typepad.com/

I hope to hear from you and see you at next year's conference.

~Marleen

Anonymous said...

Hello--
I found your blog through Materials Girl!
You have great style!

Please e-mail me if you have the chance, I havea question re: nursery decor!

Cheers,
Mary
www.alistbaby.net

Aharon Hill said...

Hey CKL!! We should meet for coffee and talk blogs. I bet we could benefit from talking to each other... :)

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I found ur blog, but I did and thankful - great idea about adding links of other bloggers to yours to increase traffice and decorating awareness to empower people with a huge splash of STYLE!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your site, and I too was directed by Material Girl! I would love to link to your site as well, please take a look at http://www.thecultivatedhome.com - an interior design website focused on New York City and the surrounding area. Thanks and I will sure to check back in on a regular basis!

Behind Decorated Doors said...

Wow! I'm behind in viewing my comments. Thanks everyone! My career search has found some new wind on which to sail after my recent "busy stint" at work. My blog has been neglected! I will get back to you guys in short order - i'm sorry it's been so long!

Quoizel said...

I found your site through material girls and I love it. I have put a link back to your site from my lighting website. Hope it helps you out.

Anonymous said...

platinum eternity rings

Anonymous said...

eternity rings

Anonymous said...

eternity rings

Anonymous said...

eternity rings

Anonymous said...

eternity rings

Tshirts said...

Getting traffic is never easy now, work hard.