Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shabby Chic: Meet Layla Grayce

So I've been searching the web voraciously looking for new inspiration. I stumbled across this online site, Layla Grayce, and just had to share it with you. If shabby chic is your style, Layla Grayce is your girl. The site has women's items, children's nursery decor - but more importantly, a fantastic home store!

I've spent a good amount of time searching through their rugs - and I have to say they are fabulous. I think that an area rug is a focal part of a room and, depending on the room, should not be an after-thought. You know how sometimes, we women, buy a pair of shoes, and then FIND an outfit to wear them with? Well, on occasion - for the "right" rug - I am tempted to do just that. And why not? When decorating any room, it is always a good idea to pick that first "element" to build your room around - so why not build a room around a rug? I am particular to Layla Grayce's Colorful Cottage Collection - which is more than just rugs. Here are a few of my favorites:

Sonoma Rose Rug

I am trying to talk my sister in to this rug in her living room.  I think it is so unique and would really make a statement in any room.  Of course, with a rug like this, one would want other upholstery to be solid colors - with some accent pillows to complement the hues and pattern of the rug.


This rug is fun.  So many colors to work with....I wish I had a spot for it in my home.  If we sell ours soon, maybe I can work it in to the new house.  

There are so many more decor items on this site, I cannot possibly talk about them all.  But if you're looking for something unique - with that shabby chic feel - this site is a one stop shop!

I love these mirrors:


I must stop myself - but please check out their lighting section, too.  There are some great lamps and chandeliers!  Decor inspiration abounds!

No comments: